QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Noticed my Naso was breathing heavy (she's coming on the 2 week mark in QT) and I immediatly check the parameters, Nitrite was off the charts. Mind you this is was daily 5 gallon w/c in a 20 gallon tank. Setting up the tank I used the water from the main, which I had these water parameters: ammonia 0, ph 8.2, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5 (at the time), sg 1.023, temp 79. my guess is that the tank was beginning a cycling process. How can I avoid this in the future?

I have been through that before. I just kept on battling it with "daily" water changes. Eventually the biological filter caught up. This was with a heavy bioload too. Can't really totally prevent it in a small system with basic filtration IMO.
You sure she isn't coming down with something?
Water changes, water changes................. :roll:
A pain..I know. :(
How big is she??

She's 3 inches and I hope not cause stupid me felt sorry for her and put her in the main. 8O i know I know, bad choice but she was doing great until today when I noticed her heavy breathing.

8O 8O 8O
I hope it was the water quality then.
Keeping fingers (and toes) crossed for you.

Great news, no heavy breathing in the tank and she is eating great! She and my clown are tring to establish who's the big guy in the tank lol. Yeah I know it was a dumb move, I was just scared she'd die in QT being that it seemed to be going threw it's cycle process and I didn't know what else to do.

It may have been the right move under the circumstance. Time will tell. As always, I'm pullin for ya. :)

Back
Top Bottom