QT question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No_Name

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here the time line.
Brand new QT:
10g, Aqueon 10g power filter, AquaClear 10g Powerheads, 2 pvc pipe, 50 watt blue color light

I placed the filter media to my DT (7 weeks old) two days before hand. On Saturday I added 5g of water from my DT and 5g of new water. I got a firefish the same day and acclimated her with floating the bag method (for good 1.5 hrs). The same night I feed her some frozen brine shrimp which she ate. The follow morning i done a water check and everything was good. She hiding behind a pvc pipe, and notice she was not as active as before it was pretty earlier so i assume she sleeping. Try feeding but she didn't go for it. Later afternoon found her staying out in the open at bottom of the tank couple hrs later she dead.

I fish her out of the tank and checked the water once again, and everything turned out ok. It summer here and my house don't get below 76 F during the night or over 80 during the day. So I don't know what did I do wrong, please advise.

Really 2 days is not enough. Untill the nitrifying bacteria builds you might have to do everyday PWC`s. Make sure your test kits are working right.

ic I'll place a LR (the same one i found and killed the hitchhiker slug inside last night) last night and let it run for couple week. Then what the deal on my test coming out clear that morning and evening?

Also if my test come out clear like such, is there any sign I can watch out for if the fish is sick and normally what kind of med should i treat it with?

Back
Top Bottom