QT tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
im setting up a qt tank to have running all the time out of a 20 gallon tall tank. right now its filled with ro/di water, salt, powerhead and heater. i will be getting a small light and filter tomorrow. i plan on taking a piece of LR from my main tank and putting it in there.

can u guys think of anythink else ill need? or better yet can u guys tell me what u guys got for a qt tank

TIA

IMO qt shouldn't be permanent the should only be temp. and don't add lf this tank would be your best bet of treating anything with copper if you add lr and plan to move it to a dt the lr from qt will absob the meds and leach into your dt possibly killing things

i wasnt planning on putting the lr back in the dt. i will be changing out the dt tank with a different one next week. and need a place for my fishs for a day or 2. all im doing is switching tanks it will be the same sand, LR and filter untill my refuge is all up and running

Yea. But I was think about keeping it up for a little bit for when I get new livestock to allow them to stay in the holding tank for two weeks

Here's how I QT get a small plastic storage tote 20-30g run a small cheap HOB on your DT fill it with floss and leave it there untill it's time to QT fill the tote with water from the DT add the small HOB with floss (no cycle) heater and fish,
when you done with the QT clean every thing with vinegar n water replace the floss in the HOB and put it back on the DT to ready it for the next time. This system has worked for me for 28+ yrs Never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom