QT tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

countryboy9843

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally got rid of the ich and its time to add some more fish!!!:dance: However i want to QT these new fish before they hit the big tank!! The new fish are 1 Bristletooth Tomini Tang and 1 firefish. How long should they stay in the QT tank before going into the DT? Also should i treat with any chemicals?

I finally got rid of the ich and its time to add some more fish!!!:dance: However i want to QT these new fish before they hit the big tank!! The new fish are 1 Bristletooth Tomini Tang and 1 firefish. How long should they stay in the QT tank before going into the DT? Also should i treat with any chemicals?
They should stay in qt for at least 3 weeks. Don't treat anything with chemicals unless something develops on the fish.

Did you have your tank fallow for 6-8 weeks with no fish in it? If not you still have ich. It would be living on your rocks and sandbed. You can qt all your new fish and once they are done qt, and you put them in your dt, the ich will most likely infect the fish if its stressed or ie a sensitive fish aka tangs butterflys ect.

+1

I would go four weeks just to be on the safe side, especially with a Tang, which are prone to stuff like Ich.

Once you add them, keep a close eye on them. If I recall, you pulled your fish from QT early and put them back in your DT that was not fallow long enough. There is a very good chance that there is still Ich in your DT and, odds are, a stressed Tang is going to be what it gets first.

Fingers crossed for ya...

Back
Top Bottom