QT tank-milky looking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I set up a QT tank about 2 weeks ago and used water from my main. Each night I syphon all of the detruis and such out. I have been adding buffer as well to keep the PH up. Also used a poly fiber pad in the HOB filter Im using. Can someone tell me why the water looks like its sort of milky? Just looks hazy....I have lowered the salinity down as Im doing hypo. Temp 79-80. PH 8, ammonia 0, trites 0 , trates less than 5. Did one 5 gallon water change is the biggest one I have done. All of the others are small. What can I do to clear up the water?
Thanks

Try leaving it alone for a while. If you keep stirring everything around it takes longer to clear. I tried EVERYTHING, including flocs. When I finally gave up in frustration, the water cleared.

Good luck.

I think I might have figured it out. I have been adding buffer for the first week as Im doing hypo. So I was adding RO water which my water was 7.0 PH. I was adding buffer each night for the first 5-6 nights. This is when I first noticed it. I think this is it. It should clear up as I was adding it directly to the tank rather than a sump (Which I do in the main tank).

Back
Top Bottom