QT tank switched to a DT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 20 gallon QT tank I used one time for a copper treatment. I was wondering if there is a way I can clean the tank so that the copper levels are gone so that I can make it a FOWLR tank? No corals would go in the tank.

I've heard it can still leach from the silicone seals. Hate to say it but, might not know for sure until you try an invert. Try crabs or shrimp.

Yeah that's what I have heard as well that the silicone will absorb it but hopefully beings there was only copper water in it for 2 weeks and the and was brand new that the silicon didn't absorb much.

I have a 29 tank that I've medicated for ich once about 5 years ago when I was using it.

Well I decided to revive the 29g, and had the same question about copper. I am less worried since it was so long ago for me, but you may want to try this...I'm not sure if I will do it as it seems like a lot of work and I already have the substrate in the tank.

How to Remove Copper From a Saltwater Aquarium | eHow.com

Back
Top Bottom