Quarantine snails from the Gulf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up a few nice snails this weekend and put them in some freshly made RO/DI salt water mix...in a quarantine tank...how long before I can move them to my main?
Ill reseach and find out what type they are....

of course....
I first washed/flushed them with the RO-DI water them put them in the quarantine tank with fresh new salt water made with RO-DI water
I had them in quarantine for about 5 days and introduced them last nite....They are moving around and seem to be good.
I know one of them is a sand shifting conch and there is one that looks alot like a queen conch, the other im not sure....its bigger then i thought and i may put him back in the gulf.

now that next thing is to see if my lfs will take back my blue devil damsels...one s gettin huge and mean towards my nice yellow tail

well...i did this mainly cause of the red tide that has passed thru this area...it supposed to be gone but didnt want to risk it if u know what i mean

yes red tide...its a allegy bloom and it releases a toxin in the water the makes fish and other things sufficate...
google red tide and it will tell you all you want to know :)
but this and live rock = dead bad rock....so please be patient with liverock.com....id hate to be them right now

Back
Top Bottom