Quarantine/Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeveh99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys, I was just wondering about my quarantine tank that I set up. I set up a small 5 gal tank and aged the saltwater for a few days. Took out about a 1lb piece of live rock from my tank that has already cycled and has good parameters. I rubbed the HOB filter one the rock to transfer some of the bacteria into the filter housing. My question is, how long do I need to wait before I can put a fish in there for quarantine?

Also, I have had my 55 gal tank set up for about a month now. It has cycled already because all the live rock was already cured. I have tested my parameters a few times and have gotten good parameters. I have had 2 clowns, 4 hermits, 5 snails in there for about a week and a half and everything is going good. I want to add a few more fish but I want them to be very colorful. I have looked into the hippo tangs but I think from what I have read, my tank will be too small for that fish. I thought about a mandarin but I have concluded that that wont work either. Have you guys got any ideas for some docile, very colorful fish for my tank? I have looked at a flame angel but not sure if that would work or not... Thanks in advance!!

My concern is that your QT is too small. Definitely for the fish you mentioned. Instead of LR in your QT put some cut up pieces of PVC in your QT for the fish to hide in. In case of disease or parasite you might have to treat the QT and then your LR will be no good if you use chems.

Back
Top Bottom