Quarantine tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lane1223

Aquarium Advice Freak
So can some one give me step-by-step instructions on how to and what I need for a quarantine tank?
I have:
5 gallon tank
HOB filter
Stock light
What else do I need or is recommended?

You will need a heater. Run your filter on your normal tank so you will have it ready when you need to QT. Depends on what your going to use it for. if its to treat you can set up when needed or if you want it to QT you new fish run your filter on your tank then transfer it to you QT and add a fish to feed you BB.

are you understanding him? he's saying to put that little filter on the back of your display and let it run so that bacteria colonizes the pad and surface.
i would buy a length of pvc pipe and cut it into pieces and set that in the tank for hiding spots for the fish, in an attempt to limit stress.
what size fish are you thinking of QTing?

mr_X said:
are you understanding him? he's saying to put that little filter on the back of your display and let it run so that bacteria colonizes the pad and surface.
i would buy a length of pvc pipe and cut it into pieces and set that in the tank for hiding spots for the fish, in an attempt to limit stress.
what size fish are you thinking of QTing?

Well just my clowns for now. I'm going to get them as soon as my nitrites go down.

Back
Top Bottom