Quarantine time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

errdivideby0

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a fish in my quarantine for a couple of days now and he seems to be doing fine. There are no abnormalities on him, he's eating regularly, swimming normally, everything seems to be fine. Is there any reason why I shouldn't go ahead and put him in my tank?

Thanks.

Quarantine period is 30 days for all saltwater fish, no if's, and's, or but's :)

In the main right now I have two Clowns (percula or false percula's can't tell.), snowflake eel, and a strawberry gramma. The guy in QT is a Firefish.

As innovator said, 30 minimum.....It's also to see if it comes down with anything that needs to be treated.

I won't call you stupid, but there may be a day when you wish you'd rethought that decision. Hopefully you dodge the bullet.

Quarantine tanks don't have to be expensive (shoot... a rubbermaid tub, heater, and a HOB filter will work) and don't have to be kept running all the time.

And to the original poster... yeah - 30 days minimum or it's a waste of time.

Kurts right and I hope you can dodge the bullit. IMO we have so much money and time in our tanks that we don't have money NOT to have a QT.
TC

Back
Top Bottom