Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Enough said , I am going to get him , he is an amazing beauty , he my favorite sw fish in the whole sea along with a Queen angel haha , thanks for the help man , and don't worry when he grows Forsure I'll get a bigger tank car wait for that either

Old 08-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't blame ya man! Trust me an emperor angel is the life of the tank. I couldn't resist either! Hope it works out well for you and the fish!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterfish56
Enough said , I am going to get him , he is an amazing beauty , he my favorite sw fish in the whole sea along with a Queen angel haha , thanks for the help man , and don't worry when he grows Forsure I'll get a bigger tank car wait for that either
No offence but it really doesnt matter if he is your favorite fish, you simply dont currently have the tank to give it a good life. I assume you have alot of fish that will get large such as tangs, and in a 60 gallon tank none of them will have good lifes until your tank is upgraded...
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nu-nu when I first started out I had a 55 gallon tank and one of my first fish was a a blue hippo tang- that was 4 years ago and he is still currently alive- the OP said he would upgrade his tank as time progresses to me I see no problem because his fish are more than likely even smaller than what I got. So he will be fine. There are no rules to the saltwater hobby.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwater reef
Nu-nu when I first started out I had a 55 gallon tank and one of my first fish was a a blue hippo tang- that was 4 years ago and he is still currently alive- the OP said he would upgrade his tank as time progresses to me I see no problem because his fish are more than likely even smaller than what I got. So he will be fine. There are no rules to the saltwater hobby.
I didnt say that his fish would die, but i did say that they wouldnt live a good life. Im sure your blue hippo tang would have appreciated a 6' tank, and the op probably has at least 2 tangs and soon an emperor in a 60?? People say they will upgrade but life gets in the way. He might need to repair his broken down car, or maybe his dog will need to go to the vet, you never know. Soon that upgrade is delayed by a year. You better be SURE of an upgrade before purchasing a fish that needs a bigger tank...
Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

If he is prepared for a an upgrade like what I did is save a little here as there and soon i upgraded to a custom 425 and that's with bills and family! We don't know for sure his plan-but I do hope that all his fish survive and live happily....
Old 08-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwater reef
If he is prepared for a an upgrade like what I did is save a little here as there and soon i upgraded to a custom 425 and that's with bills and family! We don't know for sure his plan-but I do hope that all his fish survive and live happily....
Oh yeah of course, i hope all of his fish thrive as well, im just trying to bring up the negative side to this. I hope the OP knows that he is not on the clock as far as upgrading goes, getting a bigger tank can no longer be delayed a year.... His fish will get big very fast, and with size comes poor perameters and agression.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Which is exactly why I said 4-5 months. Hope you're taking notes OP!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:30 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Adding to the main topic, i wouldnt trust an angel fish with my corals. It works for some people and its amazing, but it doesnt work for others and it is devistating.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

I trusted both of mine with my corals? Even though it's a larger tank, and they get fed quite often. Hopefully this owner will do the same.

Tags
angel, angels

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com