Queen and emperor angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted to put one in my reef tank , I have no inverts , and soft corals only , Xenia, zoanthids, mushrooms and a torch , I have have tangs, fox face , anthias , clowns , chromis , royal gramma , blue flasher and leopard wrasse so he would be the last fish to add ,so his tank mates are really peaceful , what are the chances of him nipping or eating corals ?

I currently have a emperor and a yellow faced angelfish- what do want to know and what size is your tank?

Saltwaterfish56 said:
I wanted to put one in my reef tank , I have no inverts , and soft corals only , Xenia, zoanthids, mushrooms and a torch , I have have tangs, fox face , anthias , clowns , chromis , royal gramma , blue flasher and leopard wrasse so he would be the last fish to add ,so his tank mates are really peaceful , what are the chances of him nipping or eating corals ?

How big is your tank?? Must be very large

With large angels if your tank isn't over 150 at least they will need another or much larger tank soon, and it's difficult to find an emperor angel so young. Mine are both currently in a 425 tank still looks as if they need more space sooner on

My lfs Carries a lot of small fish , they have them as small as half an inch , it would go in my 60 gallon , as soon as they grow out because I have tiny tangs the size of a quarter , I am getting a 300 gallon so I mean for now I wanted to add the last fish to my family , everyone isnt small everyone is tiny they have lots of room for at least a few years , my original question was how they would do with corals / no inverts

Well with my mine since he was tank raised when he was young I kept giving him plenty of food and he would hardly notice the corals, but he would go after small hermit crabs from time to time- and a 60 gallon could hold him (if you fed him very well) for about 3-5 months at tops

Enough said , I am going to get him , he is an amazing beauty , he my favorite sw fish in the whole sea along with a Queen angel haha , thanks for the help man , and don't worry when he grows Forsure I'll get a bigger tank car wait for that either

I don't blame ya man! Trust me an emperor angel is the life of the tank. I couldn't resist either! Hope it works out well for you and the fish!

Saltwaterfish56 said:
Enough said , I am going to get him , he is an amazing beauty , he my favorite sw fish in the whole sea along with a Queen angel haha , thanks for the help man , and don't worry when he grows Forsure I'll get a bigger tank car wait for that either

No offence but it really doesnt matter if he is your favorite fish, you simply dont currently have the tank to give it a good life. I assume you have alot of fish that will get large such as tangs, and in a 60 gallon tank none of them will have good lifes until your tank is upgraded...

Nu-nu when I first started out I had a 55 gallon tank and one of my first fish was a a blue hippo tang- that was 4 years ago and he is still currently alive- the OP said he would upgrade his tank as time progresses to me I see no problem because his fish are more than likely even smaller than what I got. So he will be fine. There are no rules to the saltwater hobby.

Saltwater reef said:
Nu-nu when I first started out I had a 55 gallon tank and one of my first fish was a a blue hippo tang- that was 4 years ago and he is still currently alive- the OP said he would upgrade his tank as time progresses to me I see no problem because his fish are more than likely even smaller than what I got. So he will be fine. There are no rules to the saltwater hobby.

I didnt say that his fish would die, but i did say that they wouldnt live a good life. Im sure your blue hippo tang would have appreciated a 6' tank, and the op probably has at least 2 tangs and soon an emperor in a 60?? People say they will upgrade but life gets in the way. He might need to repair his broken down car, or maybe his dog will need to go to the vet, you never know. Soon that upgrade is delayed by a year. You better be SURE of an upgrade before purchasing a fish that needs a bigger tank...

If he is prepared for a an upgrade like what I did is save a little here as there and soon i upgraded to a custom 425 and that's with bills and family! We don't know for sure his plan-but I do hope that all his fish survive and live happily....

Saltwater reef said:
If he is prepared for a an upgrade like what I did is save a little here as there and soon i upgraded to a custom 425 and that's with bills and family! We don't know for sure his plan-but I do hope that all his fish survive and live happily....

Oh yeah of course, i hope all of his fish thrive as well, im just trying to bring up the negative side to this. I hope the OP knows that he is not on the clock as far as upgrading goes, getting a bigger tank can no longer be delayed a year.... His fish will get big very fast, and with size comes poor perameters and agression.

Adding to the main topic, i wouldnt trust an angel fish with my corals. It works for some people and its amazing, but it doesnt work for others and it is devistating.

I trusted both of mine with my corals? Even though it's a larger tank, and they get fed quite often. Hopefully this owner will do the same.

Back
Top Bottom