question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
do fish tend to lose their color at night? cuz a lot of the time at night after the lights have been out for a few hours if i turn the light on in the room their colors seem very faded. should i be worrieD?

I am not sure of this, but it would seem to me that during the day, fish show their colors brightly for several reasons from mating to defense. At night, since visibility is low they would want to blend into their environment more , so their color mutes and they are more protected defensively.

JUst a guess mind you.

Howard

My blue damsel does that. Any time she is in the dark (whether it be that the room is dark, or she goes into her hidey-hole), she turns almost black. Whenever she comes out of the dark, she turns electric blue in 1 to 2 seconds.

ok whew.... glad u guys said that. My striped damsel turns almast totally black to and swims in some really weird places at night. Im always thinking something is wrong w/ the water but he always looks fine in the morning!

ty muchly
ross

Back
Top Bottom