Question about Coraline Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jherrin215

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a 135 salt that we had set up at our old house. We have moved and put all the fish into our 40 gallon salt and I have a question. I am gonna be completely redoing everything including building a system for automatic PWC's. My question is what will it hurt if I leave the PVC that returns the water from the sump just like it is. It finally has a good cover of coraline algae and I didn't know if leaving that old algae would hurt anything. I understand that it is dead, it hasn't been in water for about 2 weeks now but I hate to replace it as it took about a year to get a good cover and that white PVC coming straight up the middle of the tank is a huge eyesore. So will the dead coraline cause any trouble?? Thanks!!

I personally dont see how it will hurt. Maybe someone else differs, But I think you`ll be OK

That's what I was hoping for. What about the back of the tank, it's pretty covered as well. It's been painted black on the outside so the coraline makes it look better too. think it will be ok as well??

Is it still pink? It will turn white when you put it back in your tank if it hasn't already. It certainly wont cause any problems though, I agree.

Yeah it's pretty pink, some on the back is white, but on the PVC it is still pink.

I agree with everyone else on this. The coraline that is one there now my turn white when you put it back into the tank but it will regrow pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom