Question about feeding corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What d oyou guys use to feed your corals? I have a Bubble coral, mushrooms and some poluyps. I am nto sure what the best stuff is to feed to them.

RIght now I have some of that plankton stuff that comes in a plastic jar. IT is dry and you sprinkle it into the tank. IS this any good to use or shoudl I be usign something different.

The only thing in your list that you need to feed is the bubble coral. Feed it some small brine or mysis shrimp. The mushroom a polyps will be fine getting leftovers and light from the tank.

I already feed the bubble small pieces of store purchased shrimp. He loves it. But I will continue to use the playkton stuff that I have. Not in large amounts or anyhting. I jsut want the small feather dusters on the LR and the poluyp and mushrooms to have a little bit of supplemental food.

You need to be very careful. Those foods will soon build up and start to pollute the tank. Watch the tank chemistry closely.

Mine all eat what the fish eat, sometimes quite literally as fish waste is a food source for many corals. I do not subscribe to the blief that all the supplements need to be added.

On occassion I do buy a bottle of DT phyto plankton and feed the tank very sparingly until it is gone.

Otherwise my feeding routine is Cyclopeeze, Daphnia, Mysis and green lifeline (small amount of each) mixed together in a cup of tank water with two drops of garlic Extreme and released into the current slowly. I only do this every other day at most.

On opposite days I put a piece of nori/dried seaweed in the clip. Occassionally they get a few spectrum pellets if guests are over to lure out the fish and inverts.

HTH,

I have a pink and green bubble coral both of which I don't feed in my 37gal. Their flesh has started to grow over the underwater apoxy I use and onto the rock. I do not feed any of my corals.

I dont feed mine big food but I do feed oyster eggs and DT`s in the water column. Hope ya`ll caught what Mrs Hara said because that is so true. Feed sparingly

I use Bio plankton and coral plankton and it is good stuff.. the Marine plankton is just cyclopeeze with an additive to keep it from freezing..

Back
Top Bottom