Question about Koralia 425 gph powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I have started a brand new 45 gallon setup. My tank is 36 x 24 x 12 (length x Height x depth). I bought two Koralia Nano 426 gph powerheads. When I powered them on their flow rate do not seem to be powerful. My question is do they need to be broken in before they pick up the flow or do I need more powerful ones?

Thank you

Hi all,

I have started a brand new 45 gallon setup. My tank is 36 x 24 x 12 (length x Height x depth). I bought two Koralia Nano 426 gph powerheads. When I powered them on their flow rate do not seem to be powerful. My question is do they need to be broken in before they pick up the flow or do I need more powerful ones?

Thank you

they arent direct flow.

for example you were expecting all their power in one direction like this ------

however they offer a flow pattern like this <--

So it is 425 gph just in a more general range. If you want to upgrade them or buy a couple more if you are not satisfied.

Thanks for replying. So having two 425 gph plus my canister filter 200 gph should provide me with adequate turnover of more than 20 x. Correct? How should I make sure that I don't have any dead spots? Any idea how and where I set up these two power heads?.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom