Question: Making a qt tank from old fw 15 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colie

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I rinsed it really well and filled it up with water from my main tank from a water change just to let some salt water sit in there for a bit. Do I need to rinse it w vinegar or the dreaded bleach or am I fine to just rinse it one more time and add some established water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established water will do nothing for the tank. If anything, it will harm the fish in QT since it pry has Nitrates in it. Make clean water and fill It up with that.

Ok, I was going to do half established half new thinking it would be kind of acclimating but I can just do all new.

Tank isn't dirty, it looks spotless I'm just wondering more about what I can't see since it was a fresh water going to saltwater

I've always done a 10% bleach solution with filter (no media) for water flow. Run for 8 hours (good wipe down of all glass) then drain. Two 24 hour cycles of clean water ( run 24 hours, drain, refill and run again) then air dry for a week.

Back
Top Bottom