question on my tank cycling evolve 8 nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
Evolve 8 gallon nano

OK so my saltwater tank has been running for about 3 days now. I have I haven't seen an ammonia spike yet? Or any other for that fact..I currently have about 6lbs of live rock (adding 10 more lbs this week) I have some rubble rock in the return filter along with.cha..something..green planty stuff...unfortunately I have a pair of yellow tail damsel fish in there for cycling. Which I know now is the worse way to cycle a tank. ( I'll be gifting them to a buddy this weekend) but anyways how long before my tank starts cycling? Can I add more live rock mid cycle as I plan to? Thanks guys!

I didn't use live sand..my LFS only had 25 lb bags I didn't even need half of that Lol and no nitrates..0across the board..I also *** bacteria in a bottle

Hmm and the fish have been in all 3 days? I could understand enough BB in the live rocks to handle the ammonia and nitites but it should still end up with some nitrates. I would test it daily for another 72 hours and see.

Are you using a liquid or dip strip for testing?

Yes sir, fish have beennin all three days..also im using api liquid test kit. Today I had no ammonia again..I have also been over feeding hoping this helps a bit. Could I be cycled?

Tested today and have 0 all the way across the board..wtf is going on? Lol

Guess we have to call it what it is... the mirical tank that never gets dirty lol.

Ok lets go over a few things again. How long have you had the test kit? Are we sure its not expired? Are you shaking the nitrate bottle 2 very well? The crystals needed for accurate results settle to the bottom. Are we waiting 5 min before reading the nitrate results?

Can you upload an image of all 3 test tubes?

the test kit is good...almost new..I use it for my other tanks and it shows when my quality screwes up..

Heres the pics.. ammonia could be like
.10 Lol but nothing showing a cycle. the ammonia looks green under my flash however it is still yellow

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131014_165516.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131014_165516.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20131014_165531.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131014_165531.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 61
Hmm nitrites and nitrates do appear to be at 0 but I would say your ammonia is starting to build.

Yeah its hard to tell..in the light it seems greenish and out it seems yellow..it clouds up so it makes it harder to tell..I would just think with such a small tank and 2 fish it would of sky rocketed by now.exoecially when I'm over feeding them

Yeah its hard to tell..in the light it seems greenish and out it seems yellow..it clouds up so it makes it harder to tell..I would just think with such a small tank and 2 fish it would of sky rocketed by now.exoecially when I'm over feeding them

Everything you telling me should have produced tons of ammonia. It is very odd.

how do the fish look

They look good..a nice vibrant blue and yellow..the original turns a little dark every once in a while when he runs into the second one I added..

Today everything is still a clear 0 across the board..including my ammonia! Is it safe to say I'm cycled?

LOL I've been feeding for 5 fish the whole time..I wish I hadn't let the fish store talk me into cycling WITH fish..I'd much rather do things the right way.

Nope! I'm gonna bring them back to the fish store..I just set up a biocube by there's no way I'll ever get them out if they go in Lol..I'll be selling the 8g anyways..

Back
Top Bottom