Originally Posted by scottayy
Yes. Your ammonia converting bacteria colony is super high right now and your nitrite eating bacteria hasn't caught up - only building your nitrites higher.
You could do a PWC
to get it down to acceptable levels so you can read on the chart.
I wouldn't do more than dosing it to 4ppm once per day.
I agree with this completely. Well, almost.
I wouldn't do any water changes. Doing water changes will remove some of the nitrite which will slow the growth of the nitrite eating colony. But, dosing more than once a day will cause the nitrites to be too high and may have a negative affect. I know you want to help it move faster but by dosing more than once a day you may be slowing things down. JMO. As has been said many many times, only bad things happen quickly. Give it the time it needs.