Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Womble1234

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I've always wanted to have a SW tank and now that I am upgrading
My 42gal Malawi tank to the rio 300(juwel) which is 300 litres.. Imperial.. Which is about 79gal I think, most of you will probably know. Anyway, I was thinking since I had a free tank what I could think about putting in the 42gal and give me some advice :D thanks guys.

Either a qt tank or a really nice large sump! If it will fit under your new tank!

What's a sump? :D probably a nooby question for you SW keepers : P And what does qt mean :D

Womble1234 said:
What's a sump? :D probably a nooby question for you SW keepers : P And what does qt mean :D

Qt is a quarantine tank and a sump is a filter system

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120226_190003.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120226_190003.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 72
Sorry about that, it's easy to forget the steep learning curve of marine!

As already said a quarantine tank is really useful as you can introduce fish into this first before the main tank to ensure they are healthy and free from issues.

It is also ideal for transfering poorly creatures to so they can be treated and the spreading of problems can be reduced in the main tank, we hope.

The sump is as said, a filter system commonly used in marine set ups. Looks a little daunting at first but a quick search on here reveals a wealth of knowledge on this piece of equipment.

Back
Top Bottom