questions agian!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I tested everything agian tonight.

ph-8.2
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-30
gravity-1.023

I am guessing this was a quick cycle due to LR and LS. Now can I add some cleaning crew and take one damsel back? I wanna keep the blue one for another month before I actually get a clown. Also seeing as I am only going to have 1 clown as my fish in this tank What kind and how many cleaners should I get. I have 2 snails but they rarely show themselves. I want a shrimp and a crab for sure. also at what point should I add a mushroom. I am making a canopy this weekend, it will house 2 13w powercompact 50/50(6700k/actonic) and 2 15 watt flourescent 10k lamps. Is this enough light for a shroom considering the tank is only 12.5 deep, and how high can I make the canopy. I was shooting for 6 in from water top will this hurt my light penatration. I have plexiglass cover between lights and water.

previous cycle info:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=46141

Shrooms don't need a ton of light, so you should be ok there. If you add cleaning crew, do it slowly, a 10gal tank is tiny, and can rapidly develop problems with ammonia/nitrite levels if stocked too quickly, even when using cured live rock...which you are short on since you went with a lot of dead rock. dead rock really needs a good 6 weeks to get fully colonized by bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom