Questions on sump and light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You dont need to use all 800GPH of it. It will only go as fast as it gets water. The part in the tank is where water is taken in. When the pump moves faster the water level is higher and thus more water in the tank filling the overflow box. The syphon goes faster due to a higher supply and it equalizes. And SPS is Small Polyp Stony "Coral". Its the type that needs alot of light compared to other types of corals. Pvc is very simple to use. Simple measure about the distance form the overflow down to the sump, then cut. Measure again, cut, glue and tada.

hehe u editted your post, I got it now.
so the overflow box is more likely depend on how fast the return pump move the water up to the tank, am i correct?

Well, basically the overflow box makes water go up and over the edge of the aquarium through a siphon. You put water in both boxes and get peice of airline and stick it up into the middle of the tube, you suck the air out till theres nothing but water in the tube (atleast not alot of air) and when your tank "overflows" into the internal box, the siphon makes the water go to the outer box then into the sump.

You can't really control the overflow, but you can control the return pump.

hehe u editted your post, I got it now.
so the overflow box is more likely depend on how fast the return pump move the water up to the tank, am i correct?

Yes you are correct. The overflow will only go as fast as the pump returning it up. It will keep the aquariums water level at a certain height depending on how fast the return pump is. Faster is higher water level, and quicker siphon.

oh and if I got eshopps, do i need to make hole to prevent it sucks too much water to my sump when power's out?

Not in the overflow. It will stop once the water level is below the top of the In-Tank box.

Thank you for reminding me however. You do need to put a hole in the return hose just under the water line. A few holes for redundancy due to snails or similar. This will prevent a back siphon from the return line and will stop after air is sucked in.

you guys r safing my money~>o< I m glad I asked, if not I m gonna go for CPR and pay lot more.
so HO T5 is probably best for me right?
just wanna make sure, I m making a list of what I need to buy now XD

As long as you dont want to go with a hugely SPS coral aquarium, then it is fine. This light, Nova T5HO 156W 36" long one would allow you to keep mostly any coral, however SPS would need to be placed very close to the top. It stays a lot cooler then Metal Halides and is more efficient.
Their is also this slightly more expensive but also more powerful model that would allow more places for SPS.
Nova Extreme 234W

And that moneys going to end in this aquarium some way or another.:p

Any more thoughts, questions, or comments, feel free to ask.

To AMD I think I am going for the nova light XD, its much cheaper than I thought
To partypalozza~ haha yes I m gonna get that~

I think their the exact same model. Just a hint more expensive.

haha alrite, gonna go for the cheap one, just wanna know if they r the same hehe

the ViaAqua Water Pumps 3600 seems like kind of big, my sump size is kind of small and its a weird dimension sump, since I creat my own stand OoO
its gonna be a L18" W15" H16"~

will 1057gph fr from return pump too much for eshopps 800gph?

I say eshopps is better than CPR. Plus it's cheaper! :D
I'm sure people with CPR's might argue that point... But I still like my esshopps :)

From the Wattage I can see your looking at the Nova Extreme?

FYI The Nova Extreme Pro is on sale at marineandreef.com. I bought mine there as it was almost $50 cheaper then the other online shops. It appears that it still is :)
$289 with free shipping Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 6X39 Watt, 36 inch
234Total Watts

I'm sure people with CPR's might argue that point... But I still like my esshopps :)

From the Wattage I can see your looking at the Nova Extreme?

FYI The Nova Extreme Pro is on sale at marineandreef.com. I bought mine there as it was almost $50 cheaper then the other online shops. It appears that it still is :)
$289 with free shipping Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 6X39 Watt, 36 inch
234Total Watts

woo thanks for the link~ ^^

btw is FYI mean for your info/interest??

haha alrite, gonna go for the cheap one, just wanna know if they r the same hehe

the ViaAqua Water Pumps 3600 seems like kind of big, my sump size is kind of small and its a weird dimension sump, since I creat my own stand OoO
its gonna be a L18" W15" H16"~

will 1057gph fr from return pump too much for eshopps 800gph?

You can always throttle it back with a T and a valve on the return line.

FYI is For your info. The light he provided will allow a wider assortment of SPS then the first light I Provided.

I would go with the either 800 or 300. You dont need that much flow. you ideally want 25X turnover. 250Gph from the overflow and a few powerheads will do fine. nightime

Back
Top Bottom