Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Quick Question

So I checked all my levels today and these are my results:

Ammonia: 0ppm
NO2: 0ppm
NO3: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.022-1.023

I have two clownfish and a two coral (Tubbs Blue Zoa and Green Hairy Mushroom) in my 10g nano. Should I be worried that my pH shot up and that my Nitrates are down? I know it cycled correctly because for a week my ammonia and Nitrites were at 0ppm and Nitrates were 5-10ppm but it both my freshwater (55g) and saltwater (10g) my nitrate levels are normally 5.0 or lower. It has been a few days since the last 20% pwc as well

KantGetRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Have you added anything?WC or anything new added to the tank.I did't rinse or soak the rock I added and my ph was 8.8 but was down to 7.8 in a week.I then added coralline algae and it went back up.I wouldn't worry about it unless livestock and corals seem to be negatively affected.just keep a eye on it.You can add a PH buffer if you want but do it slowly you don't want to shock or stress the corals or fish. FYI PH down does not work but others may know of buffers that may work.Good luck.
2.5 gallon home of Gillbert the Crowntail Betta
40g breeder awaiting fish
Criptix is offline   Reply With Quote

ick, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com