Quick Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I checked all my levels today and these are my results:

Ammonia: 0ppm
NO2: 0ppm
NO3: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.022-1.023
pH:8.8

I have two clownfish and a two coral (Tubbs Blue Zoa and Green Hairy Mushroom) in my 10g nano. Should I be worried that my pH shot up and that my Nitrates are down? I know it cycled correctly because for a week my ammonia and Nitrites were at 0ppm and Nitrates were 5-10ppm but it both my freshwater (55g) and saltwater (10g) my nitrate levels are normally 5.0 or lower. It has been a few days since the last 20% pwc as well

Have you added anything?WC or anything new added to the tank.I did't rinse or soak the rock I added and my ph was 8.8 but was down to 7.8 in a week.I then added coralline algae and it went back up.I wouldn't worry about it unless livestock and corals seem to be negatively affected.just keep a eye on it.You can add a PH buffer if you want but do it slowly you don't want to shock or stress the corals or fish. FYI PH down does not work but others may know of buffers that may work.Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom