Quick question about HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgraz

Aquarium Advice Freak
My carbon is about exahusted and im planning on replacing with some live rubble. I was thinking about putting the rubble into a media bag to make it easy to remove if i ever want to put carbon back in, in the future. Will the media bag restrict the movement of bacteria/pods that move through the filter?
Also should i also remover the sponge from the filter and replace that with rubble also or should I leave it there. That would definitly restrict movement of pods though.
Any opinions on this.

What type of filter is this? And yes, the rock rubble in a media bag is a great idea, as long as it all comes in contact with the water.

Sounds like you have an aquaclear filter if so, I would leave the foam alone. :)

You can alos upgrade the filter to a much larger one and have more room. What size tank and filter?

Its a Fluval C4 HOB. Biggest one they had, handles 40-70gal. I have a 44 Gal corner pentagon. It seems to be similar to the Aquaclear except instead of stacking the media they place it back to front. Im definatly gonna pull the carbon and place it in a bag other wise its tough to pull sponge and clean(rubble goes everywhere).

Back
Top Bottom