Quick setup/LR adding Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I'm setting up my tank and will have LR in by next week this time, I hope.
Tank Specs:
55G w/ x2 thick glass
IceCap660
-3x 48" VHO 6500K
-1X 48" VHO Actinic
Remora C w/ MJ900
3x MJ900 for circ (do I need em all?)

So, on with the questions-

1. I have 3.5" of aragonite sand, should I add another bag? (putting it to 5.25" or so?)

2. Is the lighting setup I'm using ok, or should I replace one of the 6500K's w/ a 12000 or something?

3. I'm getting 30lbs of Coral Gulf and 40lbs of Keys LR from LR.com. In addition, should I get a box of Figi (46-52lbs) from liveaquaria.com or another 20 each of Gulf and Keys from LR.com?

4. I'm not going to dip the LR in anything, I want all the hitch hikers and I'll fish em out if they're problematic. Should I "Feed the tank" and should I have the lights on normal cycle or what?

5. Are Damsels as evil as I've read? They're quite pretty and hardy, but they all are semi-aggressive, yes?

Thanks all. I've been taking pictures as I progress with each step and will post them all once the LR's in.

I'll only offer an opinion on #3 and #5.

The first 70 lbs of rock sounds good for your 55g. I would leave the additional 46-52 lbs of Fiji out. As you may add coral, you'll be adding to your rock then.

And for that amount of rock, IF your damsels cause problems (that'd depend on the other fish too), they'd be real hard to catch with a lot of rock.

Keep us posted on your progress. You're gonna have so much fun constructing your tank. Wich I could do one evry couple of months. :roll: Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom