Quietest HOB Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too used a Corallife Super Skimmer and found it very silent but not very well suited for HOB applications. The Super Skimmer is rather large, and the big needle wheel pump and even bigger bubble diffusing box take up a ton of room on the rear of the tank. In addition to that I had issues with it releasing Micro-Bubbles back into the aquarium.

I replaced that with an AquaC Remoral and while it's not the quietest HOB skimmer It's about the best.

macman7010 said:
replaced that with an AquaC Remoral and while it's not the quietest HOB skimmer It's about the best.
FWIW there is an easy mod you can do to get it pretty quite. It involves covering the intake chamber, there was a link w/ pics posted before on one of the forums. Maybe someone can repost it, or you could try a search if your interested.

LittleParr an Aqua-C Remora will produce excellent reults and isn't much, if any louder than most other HOB skimmers IMO.W/ the mod I described above, it seems like it will be pretty darn quite, though I have not felt the need to try it myself. I think mine makes the same or less noise than the Seaclone skimmer I had, along w/ much, much better performance. HTH

macman7010 said:
The Super Skimmer is rather large, and the big needle wheel pump and even bigger bubble diffusing box take up a ton of room on the rear of the tank.

very much agreed.

Back
Top Bottom