Rachelle's 180 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've fished him out of each side once plus the filter sock. Need away to keep him in the DT any ideas. I hate to see a $100 fish living in the corner overflow behind the PVC.

Attachments

• image-322216006.jpg
    image-322216006.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 119
Just screen off the overflow with a UV rated screen that is aquarium safe (plastic) or some egg crate (suspended ceiling light diffuser is what its called at lowe's/HD) and it should keep him out. You may want to consider covering the whole tank with a screen because if he is jumping into the overflow he will jump out of the tank as well.

Yetee He could be going through the pipe to the overflow... At least if she's fished him out of the other side 3 times that would be my guess but yeah a screen is needed

He is jumping into the overflow, it's a reef ready setup. So yes need to get a covering. He isn't jumping out because I have a full glass cover. I know a lot of people don't agree with the lid but between the jawfish and the 3 wrasse I already have plus the wrasse harem I want to get it's a necessity.

Also, the second tang isn't happening. Talked her out of it in this tank and instead going to put it in her fish only. So will the wrasse harem work with the above list?

He is back in the overflow. I think I'll let him stay there a couple days. I fed him back there today. I'll get him out when I have a plan to keep him out. Which means probably Friday when I'm off work next.

Working is getting in the way of my fish time. I'm way behind on everyone's threads. Some more pictures:

Attachments

• image-2737838522.jpg
    image-2737838522.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image-950887892.jpg
    image-950887892.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 115
  • image-1421098343.jpg
    image-1421098343.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1018094378.jpg
    image-1018094378.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 160
the 10k is the color temps of the bulbs in your case 10000 kelvins with is a measure of temperature.

if you can find 14000k bulbs i'd suggest those, the added blue will make the coral colors pop more, even a 20000k

i'm guessing PC actinic supplements ?

It has blue actinics and blue led "moon lights". For whatever reason the color is always brighter in the pictures

My new scoly

Attachments

• image-1906718967.jpg
    image-1906718967.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image-122230903.jpg
    image-122230903.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 101
The scoly was my gift to me to replace my brain. Still have no idea what happened to it. I've looked with the red flashlight at night 5-6 times now. I have never seen any hitchhikers.

The other corals all came out of that 125 gal tank I bought for my gf. It's going to be fish only so they had to go to my tank.

The system is doing great. 0 ammonia 0 nitrates and even on water change day there is always <5 nitrites.

Starting to show some signs of algae so time to invest in a better clean up crew. A lot of my previous crew apparently starved when we went to the new tank. I didn't have a lot to start with though.

i hope you mean 0 nitrites and <5 nitrates nitrites at 5 ppm is lethal and nothign would be alive. either way thats great and you could aways put green seaweed for your cuc to munch on, even my shrimp eat it

Yeah. Bad thing to transpose there. Bit yes that's what I meant.

The only coral that looks bad at the moment is my acan frag. Aparently he wasn't glued down well enough because he got mocked off and landed right on the plate coral. That was two days ago and now he is starting to bleach out and look bad. I'm guessing he got stung pretty good.

I hope so but he went from nice and red to really pale in places. Do you think if he was laying on that plate coral for several hours he could have gotten stung enough to kill it?

Back
Top Bottom