Rachelle's 180 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. He came with with the 125 I bought and decided to add him to this tank instead of the 125 which is going to be FOWLR. I think I made a good choice. Unfortunately she is all pods all the way.

Can anyone help with a coral ID. This is one that came with that same tank.

Attachments

• image-1060021576.jpg
    image-1060021576.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 160
do you have a closer pic?

how is the humidity in your house with all these large tanks you have? do you see a big difference in how much your furnace or AC run?

The 180 has a full glass lid because of the jawfish and wrasse. Then at my house the other tanks are a 55 gal and just started a 6 gallon chi over the weekend. The 125 is at my gf house and the 29 isn't back up yet. And both the bigger tanks at my house got set up before I even moved in so hard to compare. But I don't notice it being any more humid than Indiana normally is in the summer.

oh ok, i plan on doign a diy plywood an glass build 48x36x24 with 3 sides being glass i was just worried about how humid the house would get if such a thing would happen

Some of my corals look like the color is fading. Im curious what causes this so I know what it is I specifically need to check. Other than losing some color (especially my meat coral) they all look great and most of them seem to be growing quite a bit.

Thanks in advance

The lights came with the timer preset from the factory and I never changed it. I think the 10K MHs are on for 8 hours. The blue T5s stay on longer. Maybe 12 hours. And then led moon lights. Does this sound right or like too much?

Maybe cut back on the metal halides and let them run 6 hours and the t5s 10 hours it may help.

Back
Top Bottom