Re thinking tank setup., need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dary421

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok,..I'm was going to simply have a 75 gal FOWLR system to hold a trigger fish or two, I bought a five stage RO system to prepare the water,...I bought 60#'s of live sand along with 80#'s of live rocks, some already cured,...I decided to run a AC 110 hob unit to help with filtration and to polish the water, I have a100 gal eshopps protien skimmer hob unit which seems to be kicking *** at the moment, along with a 250 watt heater.......over all so far so

good I guess,.......so now after reading and talking to many different people I have decided to go ahead and install a sump,..I think sooner or later I'm going to experiment with trying to slowly adjust this into a reef tank with or without the triggers,.....so I purchased a pro flex 2 sump with the added bioball wet/ dry option along with a aqueon overflow box and a aqueon 3500 pump ( bout 800 +- gph),....soooo do I just set this up for now and run it as a wet/ dry filter or set it up as a refugium to hold and cultivate algea ? I think for now I'm going to keep the hob skimmer right where it is because i really don't want
to spend the money for a in the sump one at the moment.
Hopefully,I'm on the right track,...please feel to chime in and let me know what you think,...I'm about a week into my cycle so far,..... Thanks, Dary

Sounds about right to me. You can add the refugium to the sump if you have room or convert your ac to one. The HOB skimmer will be fine. It's just personal preference, that's all. You can mount it to the back of your sump if you prefer not to look at it.

I thought about using the AC as a small refugium but I think I'll keep the AC as it is right now,...the protien skimmer is kicking *** where it is soooooo, I'll probably just leave those two as they are and use the sump to grow some exciting algea and pods ,.I bought some " mud" already so I'm ready to go pretty soon,...kinda getting exciting!!...,, also got a buddy who is giving me another 75 gal tank and stand,...oh s$#t here we go again!!!

Back
Top Bottom