Ready....right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 55 Gal. is 3 weeks old, readings are 0 for everything (finally) except nitrate which is 10ppm. I believe I'm ready to add something, but not sure if I want to start with the beginners' coral pack from Drs. Foster&Smith or some fish first then the coral. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. thanks!!

BTW I have the orbit light fixture (260 watts), an aquaC Remora, about 90Lbs. of live rock and a small sump running at 1200 gph plus a 1200 maxi-jet. :D

Looks like your cycle has finished. I would hold off on corals for 2-3 months yet. You need to give your tank a bit more time to stabilize and wait for the NO3 to drop a bit more. Once all paramters have been consistant for a couple of months you can start with some easy beginer corals. You will need another couple maxi-jets as well. the more caotic the flow the better. You can start adding fish to see how that goes. Remember to add livestock slowly, start with one easy, hardy fish and give it a couple weeks to see how your tank will respond. QT all new arrivals is the best thing you can do for your tank. It will save you big-time headaches in the future. Post some pics of your tanks when you get a chance. Good luck!

thanks lando, I'll wait longer for corals and I guess I'll buy a few cromis and see how that goes. :D

Lando is right on! Def. wait on the corals..... :wink:

Glad to see your ready to add livestock! Exciting huh? :p

Extremely exciting!!! :multi: I just ordered 5 blue reef chromis :smilecolros: will post a pic later this week :D

Back
Top Bottom