Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via ICQ to RubixCube Send a message via MSN to RubixCube
Recomend Substrate.

Which of these are the better substrate to use in a tank. I have been using CC for a few years, i have had no problem, and now im going to start another tank (77gal). Anyone have any recomendations?

RubixCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
i seem to be only able to find the sugar sized or the argamax select and the select is much better i think, with the sugar sized stuff half the bag washes away when you rinse it out and then it still clouds the tank for a long time,but the select has a little bigger grains so thier is very little dust,

i have crabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
That`s what I use and works good for the sifters also.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
I'd go with something in the 1.0-1.5mm grain size. The smaller Oolitic is supposed to be better for denitrification in a shallower bed but it gets blown around by the power heads too easily.
IndyReefMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com