Recommendations for Ca and Alk test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know there are a lot of junk test kits out there....I am familiar with what's good on the FW side but not SW as much. I am looking to get Calcium and Alkalinity test kits...what brands are recommended?

In the past I've bought them from my LFS. A lot of online retailers carry Salifert, but that was usually the only thing I was buying so I never really saved when you considered shipping. I see that DrFosters now carries Salifert though, so I might start getting it there when I buy salt. You can get the API kits just about anywhere.

I agree with Salifert. Also, if your testing for Ca and Alk it's good to test for Mag. Many times ppl have a hard time keeping their Ca high because of low Mag.
If your LFS doesnn't carry Salifert kits, you can find them on Ebay and maybe save a few $ on shipping. Some of the online places charge a fixed shipping rate based on the $ amt of the purchase. You may buy a $20 test kit and pay $10 shipping.

Back
Top Bottom