red corris wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SH4N

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all - I currently have 10 small hermit crabs, 3 turbo snails and 1 large snail. I also want to get a shrimp. All reviews say that the fish red corris wrasse eats all inverts but my red corris wrasse hasnt touched mine.

would it be a good idea to get a shrimp?if you know about this fish leave your opinion please

The hermits and the snails are in shells so that might be why the wrasse hasn't been able to eat it, I would get a cheap shrimp first. If one of my fishes attacked my fire shrimp and killed it, I would be so mad! haha

You are very lucky that your wrasse hasn't eaten your herimts and snails. I was thinking about getting one and while I was checking out the fish the wrasse went over flipped a hermit over and waited for a couple of minutes until it tried to right itself then it became dinner.

oh so not good replies! i have had him for about 2 months and he hasnt picked at my corals or inverts yet so maybe i am lucky :) any more replies?

fishes have different personalities so maybe you got a good one. I would still just try with a cheap shrimp first

Back
Top Bottom