Red mushroom acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Countryfanjmm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone here can help me out a bit. This is our first tank so we are still learning. We've had this mushroom in the tank for a few weeks and it has grown quite a bit already. Usually it lays pretty flat once it opens up in the morning after the tank lights come on. I've noticed that all day today ( at least every time I've looked at it which as been a number of times) it has been in an inverted cone shape. I just want to be sure there is nothing wrong. I tried google but wasn't quite sure what to search. I was at a loss for words (first time for everything, I'm sure my hubby would agree) for a way to describe it so the searches would match what I was looking for. With it coning upward though, it does give me the opportunity to see that there is a new small mushroom growing on the frag base also. It is just underneath the larger one. Would this have anything to do with it? Didn't know if maybe the bigger one was "getting out of the way" so the little guy could get some light. ???? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• image-1593602561.jpg
    image-1593602561.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2214906977.jpg
    image-2214906977.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 63
Thank you. I was assuming they would be fine but I was just hoping for some reassurance. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom