I just got my first tank set up last thursday. It is a used setp that came with live rock, red and blue mushrooms and 2 green star polyps. It also came with 1 banded shrimp and 1 brittle star fish.
The night before last had a brown algae on the bottom of the tank. I used a turkey baster to spray it off as I read online. Last night I got home and the glass had a reddish tint on it, so I got the magnet out and cleaned it off. The mushrooms on one side on the tank, which were doing really great melted away. Only half the rock is now covered. Were the mushrooms used to be, there is this mucus like film on the rock. It kind of looks like white cotton candy. Got any suggestions? I was thinking about taking the rock out and scrubbing it off. I tried to take a picture but could get a clear shot of it.
I checked my water levels and everything seems good:
I did have a temperature problem over the weekend but the temp has stabilized to 77-82.