Red sea max 130

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When i can pair my phone to this ****ed ipad or can get my htc phone to be able to reply to these updates i will upload photos so please bear with me.
Ok, got themax full of water onpick up day, let the water mix and settle till monday then wacked in 10 kilos of substrate, and 15 kilos of some nice looking live rock with some good colours on it. Went over the rock this arvo with a syringe with some joes juice and exploded about 6 free loading aptasia and feeling so much better for my efforts. Will try dig up a camera tomorrow and finaly get some pics up

Cheers, am thinking bout some more rock but will prob transfer some from my 4 footer and re seed some more in that one if I can get the nitrates to settle

Ewww phosphates are .25 ammonia0 nitrites 0 nitrates 20 and loads of algi happening oh ph 8.1 starting to look yukky, have had lighting on 8 hours per day, oh and last night found a wicked looking fireworm but dont know if its a good thing or not. Also have some more aptasia to cull but might wait till they get bigger.
Does any one reckon i should add a clean up crew yet or wait some more???

heres a great website for hitchhiker info:

Xtalreef

I believe a fireworm is pretty bad for your tank. DON'T touch them with your bare hands, I believe they have bristles which is pretty painful.

If you wait on the aptasia, it might spread so its a 50/50 chance to wait or to put in the extra effort now xD

your tank looks cycled so I would start adding CUC. Some people wait an extra week just to be sure. A test a lot of people use is to add a pinch of fish food and test for ammonia tomorrow. If you dont have any, your for sure done.

Cheers for that, have done a 15l water change just to sort out the alge and added some food after cleaning glass blowing off rock with a turkey baster and vacking sand bed oh and the water change was done after cleaning.
The worm might be a bristle worm but will try get a better look at the sucker tonight after lights out.
Then if all is good tomorrow look out lfs here i come for a clean up crew .
How many hermits,trocus snail and peppermint shrimp do you reckon as a cuc in a 130 litre red sea max?
Thanks for the help so far

I made the mistake and got a big hermit and it is endangering everything haha. Probably 3 small hermits and 2 peppermint shrimp is a good start. I wouldn't add too much since you don't have much activity in your tank yet.

Yeah dont get many right now or you'll have to feed em algae sheets but then they wont want to work for their food and by that i mean clean for you

Ok am ow the proud owner of 3 troccus snails, 3 hermits and 2 peppermint shrimp, at the same time i purchased 2 large snails that look like cone shells but seem to hang around in the sand and do a fantastic job sifting it grain by grain, will try get some pics so someone can tell me what they are.
Ordered a ro system today so hope this will help with alge probs in the old tank and before they start in this one

Tank is lookin fantastic,sorry i cant show you guys because the camer has stoped working. My R.O.system arrived today so busy making water, ant now to huntfor some good salt.

Back
Top Bottom