Red Sea Max 130 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got me some pink boobies! Also got a baby frogspawn some sps some zoas acan frag and a CUC
Here are some pics

Attachments

• image-2018214219.jpg
    image-2018214219.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1888738722.jpg
    image-1888738722.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1459224673.jpg
    image-1459224673.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2822350398.jpg
    image-2822350398.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2705385431.jpg
    image-2705385431.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2784688312.jpg
    image-2784688312.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 96
Hi been looking at your thread and wondering if you are using the standard red sea max filter as in the foam, carbon, ceramic and skimmer and pumps? I have just set up and doing a cycle on a max 130 .
Your tank looks great.

Okay little bump i got a thriving rbta!!! Also decided to upgrade light to reefbrites i was thinking maybe 2 or 3 15 inch ones what do you guys think about that?

whoo hoo!!!!!!! I got me some lazer lemons!!!
here is a vendor pic

Attachments

• DA01.jpg
    DA01.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 110
This week i am going to get so many new pics of my anemone new polyps and such. Oh and some bad news. Most of the pulsing xenia died :( some of it dis make it though

oh ya and never one your skimmer if you don't already know this when you does chemicals. I dosed some chemiclean (by the way i have no more cyano now :D just some hair algae and i have ordered up a bigger CUC For that) but once i turned my skimmer on it went crazy I mean every hour the skimmate cup was overflowing

I got an intank too. After using for several weeks I began to have concerns. Water takes the path of least resistance. With the intank system it fundementally breaks this rule. The water over flows into the "intank" but water hits the water there and no longer has the force to penatrate lower levels. If you use purigen, you will see that it never turns brown. I left mine in for 7 months. Never changed color. Thus indicating it is not getting hit with as much tank water as it should.

So to test my theory, put "intank" in a clear container with sink water running through it. Then add food coloring. The water never makes it to the bottom. Just my 2 cents.

Didnt mean to be a downer. Your tank looks great and I think the red sea max is one fine looking set up.

Yes the filter part. I still use mine, but just as a prefilter. Only using pad in top. It works great like that. And that tunze skimmer is great. I have tried all the nanos and it is by far the best. You will be happy with that. It does take some tweaking to begin with but then its great.

By the way now that i am finnaly done with my finals i can post a ton of pics so pics to come today and tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom