red sea max 250 - new aquisition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomsona

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tea Tree Gully in South Australia, Hottest State i
Recently acquired a red sea max 250 from a shop going out of business
For $500 aus brand new
I all ready have a 50g and 30g saltwater setups but figured this was to good to let go seeing there normally
$2700 in australia

So I would like thoughts on stocking im going to be reef and fish and inverts

Cheers

Andrew

Hi there! Congrats on a great deal! I know the setups are extremely pricey down under so you got a great deal!

If I do my math correctly it's about 60 US gallons which gives you a lot of options. No tangs or anythign like that but still alot of fish and inverts will be quite happy in there.

I knwo they don't ship to AUS but have you checked out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums They have a stupendous selection of corals, fish and inverts that can help give you some ideas. Also states whether things are reef safe and what other requirements the fish/invert/coral may have.

Good luck!! And btw, we LOVE pictures here so share some soon! LOL

Both Flames and Corals are considered "With Caution" for reefs. On this forum and many others it seems that there are "Model Citizens" that never even nip, and there are "Devil fish" that ruin $1000's in corals in one night.

Decided to move my 50g into the the rsm 250 here's a couple pics so far

All I have in there is

5 x snails
5 x hermit crabs
1 x chromis
1 x star fish

Several corals forget there names

staticmap

Attachments

• image-4225740158.jpg
    image-4225740158.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 86