Red Sea Max or Aqua One Aquareef??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulm7373

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

I'm from Sydney Australia and Lately I've been tossing between getting a red sea max or an aquareef 275. Some people say one is great and the other one is not so great and vice versa. I am leaning towards the aquareef 275 as I love the cube shape, the fact that it has a sump filtration system which is best for reefs (is that true?) and also they are much cheaper than RSM and are more value for money. Also, parts are much easier and cheaper to find for aqua one than RSM. Then there are those that say it does not rate at all with RSM and has several issues such as condensation inside cabinet as sump has no lid. Also some have known to leak. Some have also said they are noisy an have also ended up sealing the joints with silicone in certain places? So now being more confused than ever before, I would like to know from you and other members out there who have had experience with an aquareef or currently own one if they have had the same issues and what they think about this aquarium overall. Any advice which would help me make my mind up to sway between either aquareef or RSM. My main concern is leakages as I've been told there was a batch of these aquareefs that leaked, but not sure when this happened. Anyone aware of this?

Thanks for all your help.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom