redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice choices! You stole my whitetail tang idea LOL. I've pretty much decided to get 2 females for my male squareback, those fish are actually pretty large so I figure 2 females should do it for me. So yeah, I tghink you'll have plenty of room. What other tangs are you considering?

carey said:
Nice choices! You stole my whitetail tang idea LOL. I've pretty much decided to get 2 females for my male squareback, those fish are actually pretty large so I figure 2 females should do it for me. So yeah, I tghink you'll have plenty of room. What other tangs are you considering?

Other than those two, I was considering the Scopas.
Sorry about taking your idea, lol, I saw it in your thread, and I though it was a beautiful fish! :)

Isn't it though? I feel I MUST have one now. LOL I'm gonna ask for one for my birthday in 2 weeks. I'm on the email list on live aquaria for one so hopefully they come back in stock soon. :)

Scopas is a nice tang too, I had entertained the idea when i was picking my tangs out, I've never seen a big one though, they are always so very tiny I didn't think that it would survive.

So you have 2 tangs on your wish list, are you gonna go with only two or going for 3? I think 3 is a perfect number for a 125g, leaves enough room for other fish and yet you get to have a few tangs. :-D

Are you going to move your other fish from your smaller tank to the 125g or keep them both running?

Isn't it though? I feel I MUST have one now. LOL I'm gonna ask for one for my birthday in 2 weeks. I'm on the email list on live aquaria for one so hopefully they come back in stock soon. :)

Scopas is a nice tang too, I had entertained the idea when i was picking my tangs out, I've never seen a big one though, they are always so very tiny I didn't think that it would survive.

So you have 2 tangs on your wish list, are you gonna go with only two or going for 3? I think 3 is a perfect number for a 125g, leaves enough room for other fish and yet you get to have a few tangs. :-D

Are you going to move your other fish from your smaller tank to the 125g or keep them both running?

Yep, I will have three. :-D I will move my poor Blue Hippo from my 55g (he came with the tank when we bought it).
I also plan on keeping the 34g running. However, the 55g will be used as a QT (I think the new Tangs will like that).

Happy early birthday!

redsea said:

I like the whitetail tang. I'd say do three females and one male of the wrasse. With the anthias, it says that a bright tank (reef tank) will fade their colors so why not look at the blue reef chromis???

I loved having my 55g as a qt, made life so much easier. LOL

And thanks for the b-day wishes :) Hopefully I get some good stuff this year hehe...

What are you gonna keep in the 34g? Just what you have?

Do you have the 125g filled up yet btw? I'm anticipating some action today on that build!

carey said:

And thanks for the b-day wishes :) Hopefully I get some good stuff this year hehe...

Do you have the 125g filled up yet btw? I'm anticipating some action today on that build!

Happy bday from 4 hours away!!!

My squareback stays in the shadows part of the day, hasn't faded yet. :) I added two frag racks a few weeks ago and the anthias AND the tangs seem to like to hang out underneath them. I've heard also that the blue reef chromis can fade too but mine havent yet. Still bright blue. :-D

Should I be worried about this? It is in my stand. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-2703209348.jpg
    image-2703209348.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3816739389.jpg
    image-3816739389.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 91
carey said:

Yep, I am going to keep what I have in my 34g, and then maybe one or two more fish...hehe, lol.

I was going to fill up the 125g today, but I saw something concerning with the stand. :(

I hope you get all that you want for your birthday!

Jlsardina said:
I like the whitetail tang. I'd say do three females and one male of the wrasse. With the anthias, it says that a bright tank (reef tank) will fade their colors so why not look at the blue reef chromis???

I like that Wrasse idea. Do you happen to know where I can purchase the females of that kind of Wrasse? I think LA only has the male.

What are we looking at regarding the stand? The second picture looks like it has a chip or break...is that what you mean?

Oops, sorry, I am talking abut where the side kinds of sticks out. Kind of where the flash is.

Also, we are getting rid of an air hockey table, and it had some blacklights (I think that is what they are called, they are the kind that kind of make white clothes look purple). Would those make some of the corals glow at night? Thanks.

I have come up with a revised plan for a QT! I was thinking I could use my 34g as a QT, and then move my fish from my 34g to my 55g. Does this sound good?
That way I can still have the 55g as a DT.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom