redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All really good choices and not too difficult either. :)

I love my duncans and my blasto's, medium flow and medium light and they are growing like weeds.

I have my monti cap higher up in the tank and let me tell you that thing has gotten huge.

All really good choices and not too difficult either. :)

I love my duncans and my blasto's, medium flow and medium light and they are growing like weeds.

I have my monti cap higher up in the tank and let me tell you that thing has gotten huge.

Great! Woohoo, I love them! Maybe a few will come with my first order of livestock for this tank. :)

Would you recommend adding anything for them?

You stopped dosing Kalwasser, right? Thanks.

Those corals are just fine with water changes, though you can feed the duncans mysis and brine, it's fascinating to watch! lol

Yep, I stopped the kalk for now, I'm ready and able to go to two part dosing but just trying to get my levels stable before I try it. In the meantime I'm doing more frequent water changes which is not fun hehe....

Those corals are just fine with water changes, though you can feed the duncans mysis and brine, it's fascinating to watch! lol

Yep, I stopped the kalk for now, I'm ready and able to go to two part dosing but just trying to get my levels stable before I try it. In the meantime I'm doing more frequent water changes which is not fun hehe....

The Duncans eating the shrimp does sound cool, providing that no fish theives rob it, :lol:.

I am glad that these corals will be fine with just PWC's, the easier the care, the better.

Theres not many corals that actually NEED to be fed, the majority can survive and grow just fine without supplements. I use a turkey baster and shoot the shrimp right into each head and they close up and eat it. Gotta see it to appreciate it. lol

Theres not many corals that actually NEED to be fed, the majority can survive and grow just fine without supplements

That is great!

I will definitely feed the Duncans when I order some. :) Sounds like it is fun to watch!

redsea said:

I can't vouch for the montis, but the Duncans will grow pretty quickly and for me have been an easier coral. Blastos are great too- but don't need a lot of light. They are best to fill the sides of your tank where minimal light is. I have a few and they will shrivel up if in the direct light. They do really good in the shadows. Mine are the Australians.

Unless its a HUGE CORAL (like my Aussie wall hammer, torches, and other hammers) I don't spot feed. I do however keep a steady flow of phytoplankton in my tank and my corals thrive.

Since I haven't gotten my pure ammonia yet, can I add a cube or two of frozen shrimp fish food to add ammonia for the rock? Thanks!

coffeetwitch said:
i like all of those choices. and good to hear they are easily cared for. i may want to add some to my tank too.

Yeah, their colors really caught my eye! I am really happy that they are easily cared for too! :)

redsea said:
Since I haven't gotten my pure ammonia yet, can I add a cube or two of frozen shrimp fish food to add ammonia for the rock? Thanks!

Do four cubes. Gboy and Nunu did 1 or 2 in their 29g and it's been working for them

Here are some pictures of the lights! For my blues I have 2 purples and 2 blues. :) I hope you enjoy the photos!

Attachments

• image-789134898.jpg
    image-789134898.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-761344230.jpg
    image-761344230.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3870647679.jpg
    image-3870647679.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2208944403.jpg
    image-2208944403.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2076701863.jpg
    image-2076701863.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 72
Looking great! Are you planning on using a background for the black glass or leaving it bare?

Thanks! I plan on using a black background (when I get around to buying it, lol)

Also, tonight I moved over a few smaller pieces of LR from my 55g. Pictures will come tomorrow! :-D

Thanks for following!

Should I add any more shrimp cubes yet? I am having some trouble acquiring some pure ammonia, lol.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom