redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I think I will add my Hippo and Clown after I finish putting the water back in the tank from the PWC tonight (I only took some out last night, I didn't fill back up, ran out of time). I really hope everything goes well so I can have some fishies in there, lol. I really hope to have them in today or tomorrow.

Until I get my 34g rid of ich, I will be using my 55g as a QT for my first order from Liveaquaria. I know for a fact that the first order will include a Yellow Tang and Scopas Tang. Could I add any more fish than those two (since shipping is so expensive)? I also want to get some corals too :)! If I am on schedule, I am thinking of placing my first order on Sunday, and if that doesn't happen, I will most definitely place it during the week. :)

Thanks!!

Are there any small fish on your list? The tangs are a pretty heavy bio load as it is, adding more large fish might not be such a good idea. :)

I say get a few corals, they won't really impact your water just start slow, no big money items just yet. lol

Can't wait to see your new fish!! This time next week you'll have fish and corals in your tank.

Are there any small fish on your list? The tangs are a pretty heavy bio load as it is, adding more large fish might not be such a good idea. :)

I say get a few corals, they won't really impact your water just start slow, no big money items just yet. lol

Can't wait to see your new fish!! This time next week you'll have fish and corals in your tank.

Great advice!

So you are saying that even though my 55g (will act as a QT for my first few additions) is established, it still isn't a good idea to get more Tangs yet for it (the Clown and the Tang would be in the 125g at this point). I am so sorry if this sounds confusing.

I can't wait to see my new fish too, I am soo happy!

Last edited:
What do you think of these smaller fish?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+21+53&pcatid=53 I love this fish, but will it eat too many pods that my Mandarin won't have enough?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+2648&pcatid=2648 Its colors will eventually change to the one they have in the large picture, right?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+2890&pcatid=2890 Will this one and the above get along ok?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+23+2263&pcatid=2263 Will this guy get along with a Lawnmower? Do they have the same/better personality as the Lawnmower?

What do you guys think of these as my first order of fish from LA (instead of Tangs, (because of their bioload))? These guys would be going into an established 55g for a QT period.

Now for the corals:
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Green Apple Cap Coral - Aquacultured
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Green Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Red Candy Cap Coral - Aquacultured
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Australian Big Polyp Blastomussa - Aquacultured
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Neon Green Palau Nephthea - Aquacultured
What do you guys think about ordering some/all of the above corals with my first order? These aren't the only ones I like though, lol. A few at a time :)

Thank you all very much! :-D I can't wait to order the newest additions! :)

Great advice!

So you are saying that even though my 55g (will act as a QT for my first few additions) is established, it still isn't a good idea to get more Tangs yet for it (the Clown and the Tang would be in the 125g at this point). I am so sorry if this sounds confusing.

I can't wait to see my new fish too, I am soo happy!

yep, you lost me. LOL I think you can add another tang and a bunch of other fish if you do it right.

What is the last tang gonna be? Did you decide yet?

Oh and I think the corals you picked out will be fine in your tank. :)

As far as fish i don't think you should mix a starry and a lawnmower, they look too similar i think. I love the grammas, I had one and she never caused any issues. Really pretty too. My gramma loved frozen food an even ate flakes. I also think that wrasse would be good, its reef safe, pretty, easy to feed and is considered peaceful.

yep, you lost me. LOL I think you can add another tang and a bunch of other fish if you do it right.

What is the last tang gonna be? Did you decide yet?

LOL. Sorry.

I was just wondering if it made a difference if the fish were going into my established 55g (will be a QT temporarily).

So maybe the Scopas since it is less aggressive than the Yellow, and then a few fish that I posted above for my first order from LA?
The Tang list will be: :-D
1.Blue Hippo (came with my 55g when I bought it, I have him already)
2. Scopas
3. Yellow
4. Sohal
5. Clown
6. Tomini
7.White tail
8. Kole
9.Yellow Mimic
10. Half-Black Mimic
11. I will get a few others too.:)

Just kidding. LOL, only 1.-3. are the real ones. :D

Oh and I think the corals you picked out will be fine in your tank. :)

As far as fish i don't think you should mix a starry and a lawnmower, they look too similar i think. I love the grammas, I had one and she never caused any issues. Really pretty too. My gramma loved frozen food an even ate flakes. I also think that wrasse would be good, its reef safe, pretty, easy to feed and is considered peaceful.

Awesome! Thanks.

So now I have to decide between the Starry and Lawnmower. I know that the Lawnmower has a great personality, but not sure if the Starry has that same personality. I do like the Starry because it isn't a Blenny that I see all the time, and it looks like the Lawnmower. :-D

I would try to put the yellow tang in last. From what I've seen over here they can be a bit pushy. lol

yeah, you can get a couple of the fish off that list, I think your tank can most likely handle it, you have established rock just like I did in my 90g. I added 4 fish at once and didn't have the slightest blip in my water parameters.

I would pick the lawnmower, the personality is just so awesome. :-D
Plus they eat ALOT of algae. Mine now eats prepared frozen, pellets and flake since I have like 0 algae in that tank. lol

I'll add the Yellow last then. :)

So how does this list look for this week?
1. Those two Wrasses
2. Scopas Tang (not too much bio-load, right)
3. I think I am going to go with the Lawnmower. I really like the Starry too, but I don't know yet if it lacks the "Blenny personality" I am looking for. :)
4. The corals listed above. :)

I hope all of these fish say in stock!

While I am asking questions, do you guys no the difference between the Indo-Pacific Scopas Tang and the Fiji one? Thanks!

redsea said:
While I am asking questions, do you guys no the difference between the Indo-Pacific Scopas Tang and the Fiji one? Thanks!

One is more expensive!!! Lol

In all reality I would guess it would be mainly cost difference because of shipping to the retailer. Another way to look at it is the difference in the natural habitats

i think you can skate by with 4 fish as your first additons. Just really tay on the water testing just in case. :)

One is more expensive!!! Lol

In all reality I would guess it would be mainly cost difference because of shipping to the retailer. Another way to look at it is the difference in the natural habitats

LOL. I think I will go with whichever one is available at the time. :-D Thanks.

i think you can skate by with 4 fish as your first additons. Just really tay on the water testing just in case. :)

Cool, thanks. So the 4 fish I plan on buying within the week will be fine in the 55g until the QT period is over?

Sure, i had four fish in there including 2 tangs and an anthias. then one time I had 5 chromis and something else big. lol

Sure, i had four fish in there including 2 tangs and an anthias. then one time I had 5 chromis and something else big. lol

Great!

I think you had a Squareback Anthias with your Chromis in the QT at that time. LOL, I think it is funny how I remember that, I guess i have a good memory. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom