redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: Are mushrooms poisonous like zoas? While transporting my corals today, a tiny bit of water slashed in my eyes, should I be worried? Thanks.

Not sure if I will get to the pics tonight, I am really sorry :(. My Wrasses are hiding anyways. I can see one (he is in between the rocks).

I will try my ver best for tomorrow! :)

Thanks for following.

My day couldn't get any worse.

I go down to look at the new fish, and it LOOKS like there are a few little white spots on them. I think it is ich. At the most probably 1 or 2 per fish :(

If it was ich, I hope they came with it. The reason for that is if the tank had ich, the Clown and Hippo Tang probably brought it over to the 125g. Would that be probable? They didn't have it before I moved them, and they still don't have in now in the 125g.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Also, my linespot flasher wrasse looks to have some blemishes on him. :(

If this was ich, would the fish be almost completely covered before it dropped off again?

You will have to watch and see if it gets worse. My hippo had spots a week before it got really bad and I was sure it was ick then.

You will have to watch and see if it gets worse. My hippo had spots a week before it got really bad and I was sure it was ick then.
Thanks. So it is possible that this is just something else that isn't ich? So I should wait about a week to see if it gets worse, and then if it gets worse, it is ich.
Also google stress spots since they are new fish it may just be that .

I hope they are just that.

Thanks!

It's possible . I went through the same thing in my tank . Is it ick is it not ick but if it's a few spots waiting to see is the only thing I know of.

It's possible . I went through the same thing in my tank . Is it ick is it not ick but if it's a few spots waiting to see is the only thing I know of.

Okay. Unfortunately, upon further inspection of the fish, it defintely looks like ich. :(

My biggest worry is that the ich is in the tank, and now my Blue Hippo and Clown transferred it to the 125g. If the ich is not on the fish at the time, and they are moved to another tank, does that tank still have ich?

I have some LR in the 55g (where the new fish are), should I even bother taking it out to treat?

Thanks.

Refresh me what fish are in what tank and have the ones that have ick in the same tank or have they ever been?

I have a Linespot and McCosker's Wrasse, Lawnmower Blenny, Scopas Tang in the 55g (just got them yesterday from Liveaquaria.com). The 55g is acting as a QT for now.

Up until a few days ago I had a Clown and a Blue Hippo in the 55g. I moved them to the 125g, but I don't see any ich on them.
1. Is it possible that the Clown and Hippo brought over ich even though they aren't showing it?

Thanks for helping me.

Ok gotcha . It is very well possible that it is in both tanks . Ick can be in the gills and not the body and you will never know. Are you treating the 55 or just qt?

Ok gotcha . It is very well possible that it is in both tanks . Ick can be in the gills and not the body and you will never know. Are you treating the 55 or just qt?

I haven't started any treatment yet, but the 55g is the QT. The 125g is the DT, which is where I moved my Blue Hippo and Clown a few days ago (from DT).

Thanks.

I'm no expert but I am going through this myself but if I was in your position I would put all the fish in the 55 and start hyposalinity. Leave the 125 empty of fish for 6-8 weeks and when your fish show no spots keep them there for six more weeks . Do you have a pic so we can make sure this is what we are dealing with or are you 100% sure it's ick?

No, I am not 100% sure that it is ich, but I think so. I don't think I would be able to get a pic because the spots are tiny. :(

Another question, Is it even possible for fish to pick up ich so quickly? I just put them in last night a little after 7-ish. Do you think they could have come with ich?

Thanks again for your help!

They probably had it allready or it was in your tank but never affected your fish.if it's too small to see on a pic it is too early to be sure so it looks like back to waiting lol. I know it's tough but just ride it out for a day or two more before you start any treatment you want to be sure before making any rash decisions . No need for thanks I'm just paying it forward

Ok, so I am 99% sure that i have ich in my 55g because my McCosker's Wrasse was hitting himself against the heater. :( I am now beginning to think that I have it in the 125g because the Blue Hippo Tang has a few TINY white spots, and one that is a little larger. :( So now I should move the Tang and Clown back to the 55g and treat, right? I am a little afraid of the crowdedness though. Not sure what i should do about the LR though.....it really isn't anything special...

Thanks for reading everyone.

That stinks. This is jmo but if if it were me i would start hypo in the 55 and get the clown in there. I would leave the hippo until I'm 100% sure he had it before i stress him more by moving him. So basically hypo the 55 when that's set at 1.009 reevaluate the hippo . Again this is just what I would do in this case. There is a link I read a hundred times but I dont know how to link it on my phone. It's all about hypo . It was linked to me on my build thread . Just don't rush your decision on whatever you decide to do.good luck

Back
Top Bottom