redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE:

I finally started hypo today :). Unfortunately, I only got it down to around 1.0020 :(. I know that I am supposed to have it down to around 1.008 over a period of 36 hrs, but i don't think that is going to happen. :( I have been super busy today, and basically will be everyday for the rest of week.

Do you guys see any huge problems arising from NOT getting the salinity down to 1.008 in 36 hrs? I know that the ich could adapt, but wouldn't it eventually die?

Please share your thoughts! Thanks guys! :-D

Your not going to have any issues with that but the ick isn't going to die either. You need to get it down as soon as you can.

Thoughts/Observations on Blenny​

I really like my Lawnmower Blenny! He is such a cool/cute fish. I am really happy because he is starting to get a belly! Which is great because I haven't seen him eat anything buy algae off the glass, but he is definitely heavier than when I got him. One thing I wasn't suspecting though is that he is very secretive! I caught him on a rock today, but I only got to see him for like 10 seconds, LOL. I love the fish though. :)

Thanks!

Imade the same observations about both of mine. lol They like to hide away and watch you. And remember how big of a belly mine had in the 125g? He couldnt even sit on the sand it was so huge. My new one doesn't have the belly but he is eating carnivore food like the 1st one.

What does yours eat or not eat?

Yep, I remember yours in the 125g! Very cute!

I have only witnessed mine eating algae off of the glass. I have begun putting in A LOT of seaweed for my Tangs, so I hope he is getting some of that too. :) Other than that I haven't seen him eat any of the food that passes by. :( I am not really worried though because he is fatter that what he was when I got him. :)

They do definitely like to watch people. Mine has a special rock in which he hides under and stares at you.

My lawnmower only eats off the rocks. He gets the seaweed that falls off the clips that my tangs don't get. Other than that I don't see him eating much. He reminds me of the old guys in the balcony on the old muppets show. Lol. I rarely saw him at first- but now he is all over the place. I do have to say that he knocks over some of my frags every couple of days. I need to order more glue to fix that :p

Had a question for my fantastic followers!

I am setting up my 20g QT (which was my FW tank) and there are still a few tiny pieces of gravel at the bottom, is this okay?

Thanks!

So today I am going to a LFS I have never been to before. :)

I just set up a twenty gallon QT at 1.009. I have a 10g filter and a 20g filter on it. I am going to move over some media from my 34g tank soon. :) The only thing is the temp in the qt is 75/76 but the temp in the 34g is always around 80, should I acclimate the bacteria? Or do I just plop it in?

At the LFS I was thinking of buying a smallish fish for my 34g (which will go into the QT I just setup). Maybe a Yellow Watchman or Yellow Clown Goby...something like that. :-D

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it a lot!

On the way home from a new, awesome LFS!

This place was soo awesome!

I got a fish too, I am on the way home now (not driving).

Very excited!

OOOO sweet!! Can'[t wait to see what you got! i bet it's awesome cool! maybe one of the fish we have been discussing? ;-)

Im guessing he got a neon goby. I mean come on, thats pretty much all he can fit in his tank ;) lol

We want pics!

Thanks for the interest!! :-D

I actually got a fish for the 55g (currently empty). The fish I bought is currently acclimating to my newly setup QT at hypo conditions (not taking any chances with ich, lol).

I bought a Pearl eye Clarkii Clown. Apparently it is a designer kind of the regular Clarkii. :)

Pictures to come!

Carey, I looked for a Scooter, but they didn't have any! I went to that shop that I sent you the link to a few weeks ago. It was great! I will definitely be going back! A huge coral selection too.......

Can I use some plastic plants for the QT?

By the way, the fish is in! Pictures to come tonight or tomorrow. :)

why would you want plastic plants? just to liven up the tank? ;-) Yep, get some good photos, you haven't bought a fish in what seems like forever.

why would you want plastic plants? just to liven up the tank? ;-) Yep, get some good photos, you haven't bought a fish in what seems like forever.

Just for some more hiding spots since the QT is pretty empty. :) I have a small PVC pipe in there right now too.

Back
Top Bottom