redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry to hear that your'e still having trouble with that darn ich. I would be sure it's actual ich before getting upset though, my tangs always seem to have sand granules on them and the blue one gets abrasions from how he sleeps in the rocks. Un nerves me everytime I see them, first thought is always ICH OMG what do I do.... then I realize I am just being paranoid. I hope thats the case with you.

I'm really itching to see this tank up and running and fully loaded, like you said, enjoyable to view rather than wondering and stressing over it.

I'm sorry to hear that your'e still having trouble with that darn ich. I would be sure it's actual ich before getting upset though, my tangs always seem to have sand granules on them and the blue one gets abrasions from how he sleeps in the rocks. Un nerves me everytime I see them, first thought is always ICH OMG what do I do.... then I realize I am just being paranoid. I hope thats the case with you.

I'm really itching to see this tank up and running and fully loaded, like you said, enjoyable to view rather than wondering and stressing over it.

Thanks, I think I am going to bite the bullet and start raising the salinity and hope that what I see is not ich. I probably won't start today, but I will have time because I have Monday and Tuesday off from school. :) I can't wait to finally enjoy the tank. :)

Thanks Hondatek and Carey, your posts are appreciated!

A little update for this evening:

I added the rest of the sand to the tank. It looks better now, especially since the sand I put in is new and white. :)

I also put some salt in my garbage can full with water. My plan is to have the salinity in the garbage bins very high, that way, I don't have to change out as much water each time to get the salinity up. I shoud go 1.001-1.002 per day, right?

Thanks for reading! :-D

Hope it all works out. Be done with that stuff would be nice huh? The worrying that is.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Good luck with it, hopefully you will be done soon. lol
Thanks, I want to be done too! I am so pumped. I will be ordering some base rock soon too. :) I can see it now, a Pink Spotted Watchman Goby poking his head out from under a rock, a clean sand bed filled with a coral, etc. LOL. I can't wait!
Hope it all works out. Be done with that stuff would be nice huh? The worrying that is.
Definitely. It hasn't been fun.

Thanks a lot for posting you guys!

Alright, so I attempted my first rise in salinity tonight.

Another possible stocking option popped onto my brain yesterday. What do you guys think of a few Schooling Bannerfish? Not a definite, just looking for opinions.

As far as the next livestock order, I hope to order from LA sometime in June. I will order some fish and maybe a few corals. :)

Any suggestions for my order I am putting on next month?

Thanks for reading!

You should get a trio! I wanted one for my tank but it has too big of a bioload! 3 in your tank woul be alot, but you could do it if you took a few fish off your list

Nu-Nu the eel said:
You should get a trio! I wanted one for my tank but it has too big of a bioload! 3 in your tank woul be alot, but you could do it if you took a few fish off your list

Thanks for the input. So many decisions, lol. Maybe I could cut down to only one female Anthias, and the get a trio of Schooling Bannerfish. Hmmm.

I dunno dude they get pretty big an it would be too much if you just cut out 1 anthias... Just my opinion, you know your tank, stock, and bioload better thenn i do :)

I'm gonna throw another fish into the mix. Lol. How about a trio of wanatabe Angels? They are reef safe.

That's them! Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Lol. My buddy has one in his reef tank. Has had her for 2 years.

Do you guys think my QT is still cycled? I had the Pearl Eye Clarkii Clownfish in it for a while in hypo. I also had moved over some filter pads from the 34g and some sand.

The tank has been empty since 5/04. I also have these rock branches in my 55g that I could move over to help with bacteria once I get some fish. :)

Do you all think it would be a poor decision to buy fish from an LFS or make an order from LiveAquaria?

Thanks, and sorry if this post seems a little choppy, lol. My excuse is that it is the morning.

I have a bit of a dilemma here, LOL.

So today is the last day my LFS is running their Memorial Day Weekend sale, and my dad said that he would take me there today. This place is an hour away, so I don't go there that often.

Since I will be headed there today, I can't dose ammonia and then get fish. I was thinking of adding things from my 34g and 55g to the QT, and then hoping the tank would be okay with the pads/sand/pipe that is already in there. Then, just to be safe I could test daily to be certain the tank is cycled.

Thoughts? :)

Thanks, you guys are fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom