Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #621
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Sorry only know the answer to #1 and #3.
1. Yes it does. I'd add a couple bottles now and wait 4-5 months.

3. Easy; Set up a 10g tank with an air stone and dump in the pods. You can feed them phytoplankton.
Thanks.

Do you think it is really worth it to setup a pod tank? Or will enough pods be able to reproduce in my refugium?

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #622
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you don't remember I tried a pod tank and it wasnt really a success. :-(

I believe they need to be a mated pair but I could be wrong, I do know they will fight if the same sex.

Not sure if I would get two so soon though. I'm debating adding some to my 125g and I am seriously populated with pods. Or could just be me being overly paranoid. LOL

Old 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #623
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea

Thanks.

Do you think it is really worth it to setup a pod tank? Or will enough pods be able to reproduce in my refugium?
I think if you wait long enough, you can just add it to your tank
Old 02-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #624
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
If you don't remember I tried a pod tank and it wasnt really a success. :-(

I believe they need to be a mated pair but I could be wrong, I do know they will fight if the same sex.

Not sure if I would get two so soon though. I'm debating adding some to my 125g and I am seriously populated with pods. Or could just be me being overly paranoid. LOL
I'll just stick to pods in the refugium then. Thanks.

Yeah, two probably wouldn't be a good idea for me since the tank would still be fairly new. Plus an ORA pair would be expensive. Once I am done with hypo, how many bags of pods do you think I should purchase from reefcleaners?

I think you would be good in your 125g with Mandarin(s). Would you get a Green Spotted one since you already have a Blue one? Or maybe a red one, lol.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #625
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I would add just a bag, maybe two tops. And then in a few months you can re-assess and add more if needed.

I've been eying the red mandarins. lol
Old 02-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #626
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I would add just a bag, maybe two tops. And then in a few months you can re-assess and add more if needed.

I've been eying the red mandarins. lol
Ok, thanks!

I really like the Red Mandarins too, I hear ORA is working on them but I am not sure if they are available yet. If ORA makes them available by the time my tank is ready for one, that is the kind I will get for this tank.

I also eventually want to get a Mandarin for the 55g tank too, but I don't even have a sump/refugium on that tank . So that won't happen in the near future, lol.

I am glad Mandy recovered from what she had a month or two ago, she is such a cool fish. Mandarins are definitely up there on my favorite fish list.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #627
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks redsea! I appreciate the kind words. Mandy is still going strong. I still fret and watch over her every time I feed. I think that will be a permanent thing with me, I just can't not fuss over her. Still paranoid I guess that she will stop eating. Alot of stress with these guys let me tell you! LOL
Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #628
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL. They are definitely worth it though .

What does she eat again? Bloodworms, and what else? Thanks carey!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #629
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

She eats all frozen food. bloodworms are her favorite. Once you get them eating it seems they will go for anything. That's the trick though getting them to eat something frozen.

I would get an ORA one again I think, even if I put one in the 125g, just so she has a backup feeding option. In think I may add a red one to the 125g after I upgrade it later this year.

How goes the tanks? anything new going on?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #630
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great! I definitely am going with an ORA, just to be as safe as I can. I also think I will go with a Red Mandarin if I can find one online at a decent price.

Nothing that exciting is going on with the tanks. However, I am beginnig to get excited because it has almost been eight weeks since I took the fish out of the 34g!! Wooohoo, lol! I am a little unsure if I should dose more copper though. I dosed 7-ish weeks ago, and on the bottle it said it was good for a month. About how long does it take for copper to kill ich anyways? I am pretty sure I will move them back over Friday or sometime this weekend. Then I can begin stocking again! I am going to head over to my 34g thread and post about stocking.

Tags
1.5g, build, coral reef 125 saltwater, redsea, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com