redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, as some of you know, the deal with the 220 went through (this one better not, lol. I am pretty confident all will work out ;-)). That is ok though, everything happens for a reason! Maybe it would have been too much of a leap from a 55g and 34g to a 220g. So, I figured i would go with a 125g instead! I went to go see one tonight and I will probably be getting it within the next week or so. I almost already have my sump/plumbing figured out, so that is good. I also have my lights planned :)

The tank itself is a 125g, with a black stand. The tank looks brand new (even though it is not) and it is in great condition!

For my stocklist, I am definitely going to move over my Blue Hippo and my Clown from the 55g tank (the Blue Hippo came with the tank). I really want a Yellow and Scopas Tang, so hopefully I can work it out so they won't fight. :-D I also like Wrasses! If you have any reef safe suggestions I am open. I am also open for coral suggestions.

I will probably be selling my 55g to help get money, so that should help.

Thank you all so much!

Good to know the tang will have a sufficient home now. I'm also a big fan of wrasses. I have a sixline now. I'm looking at 2 more, capenters flasher and mccoskers flasher(if they'll live peacefully together). I'd love to upgrade sometime in the future so I'll be following this thread.

BallinCrew10 said:
Good to know the tang will have a sufficient home now. I'm also a big fan of wrasses. I have a sixline now. I'm looking at 2 more, capenters flasher and mccoskers flasher(if they'll live peacefully together). I'd love to upgrade sometime in the future so I'll be following this thread.

Yep, I am also unsure of what Wrasses will get along together.

I am also glad that the Tang will be happy now! I didn't know at the time when I bought the tank that he wasn't suitable.

Thanks for your interest! :-D

Just checked, the 2 I mentioned should get along just fine. I'm pretty sure most reef-safe wrasses should be fine.

Yea, my aunt suprised me with a hippo tang for my bday. I kept it in my 75 for a week or so and brought it back. Which sucked because it is an awesome fish.

redsea said:
Cool, do you know how many male Wrasses can be kept together? Thanks!

Those particular species should have 1 male. They do suggest having a few females with him. Lucky guy lol.

im following. glad i got in at the beginning. pictures and plenty of updates please. i cant continue to learn without them.

Some of them yes, others LA doesn't say either way. My best guess would be if possible get 1 male and if you want multiples of that species get females.

coffeetwitch said:
im following. glad i got in at the beginning. pictures and plenty of updates please. i cant continue to learn without them.

Thanks! Don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures and updates, I love tanking pictures!

BallinCrew10 said:
Some of them yes, others LA doesn't say either way. My best guess would be if possible get 1 male and if you want multiples of that species get females.

Sounds good, thank you for the information!

Just a little update: :)

The store has been called twice, and so far nobody has picked up. :( Oh well, I guess I have to be patient. I can start by cleaning out a spot in the basement for it. I will be doing that soon, and when I do, I will take a picture.

Thanks everyone! :-D

Hello everyone!

I found this fixture on eBay and was wondering what you all thought of it? Is it a good price? I could keep pretty much anything with it, right? All thoughts are welcome!

Please help me out, thank you very much! :-D

Back
Top Bottom