redsea's 220 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
So it is now official, next week I will be getting a 220 gallon tank!

I will be making it a reef, and any suggestions on livestock would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
well the 220s are outside measurments so on the inside they are 29" top to bottom :p so the math works out to 210 gallons but its actually called a 220 ;) mrXs 265 is the same way so the inside is around 250 gallons

Gti_Leo said:
well the 220s are outside measurments so on the inside they are 29" top to bottom :p so the math works out to 210 gallons but its actually called a 220 ;) mrXs 265 is the same way so the inside is around 250 gallons

Ohh, I see, I suppose the title needs to be changed now. :lol:

Certainly, I couldn't rush if I tried, Lol, I still need to get the rest of the equipment. :)

Thanks for your help!

Do you think a 55 gallon sump is large enough? The reason I ask is because right now I have a 55 saltwater that I was thinking of of using so I wouldn't have to buy another tank. :)

Thanks

Thanks the both of you!

Now I am afraid this might fall through (for various reasons) but I am working hard, and trying to make sure that it won't. I do have a deposit on the tank though, we will see how it all works out.

Guess what?

The deal fell through, and I will not be getting this tank. I hope I can get the deposit back. Thank you all for your time anyways! Maybe this is a good thing, maybe it is a sign that going from the largest tank of a 55 to a 220 might be a little much. I think I might go with something like a 125g instead.

i was thinkign the same, but at the end of the day the larger water volume is much more forgiving its just the start up cost will be more then it is on a smaller system

Gti_Leo said:
i was thinkign the same, but at the end of the day the larger water volume is much more forgiving its just the start up cost will be more then it is on a smaller system

Yep, thanks for all of the help anyways!

Back
Top Bottom