RedSlime!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrRockzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
starting a new salt water tank 35G... bought 40lbs of live rock but some of it had red slime on it. the tanks isnt set up and cycling yet but if i put that in with redslime remover will it do anything to the cycle or should i just try to scrub as much off as possible???

I would scrub it off then toss it in some water with your slime remover. Hopefully that will get rid of it... if you weren't attached to what is on the rocks soak it in distilled water and just watch everything pour out of it.

PS. Since when do rock and roll clowns have aquariums?

Same reason you don't breathe water and freshwater fish don't live in salt...though I hear some can be adjusted to salt. They will try to search out what they find as normal...or livable, and will pour out of the rock. I read up on lots of people doing this to LR that came from a tank they were either unsure of or housed thigns that were not reef safe and were going into a reef system.

Same reason you don't breathe water and freshwater fish don't live in salt...though I hear some can be adjusted to salt. They will try to search out what they find as normal...or livable, and will pour out of the rock. I read up on lots of people doing this to LR that came from a tank they were either unsure of or housed thigns that were not reef safe and were going into a reef system.

Always wish I would of known that before I put my rock in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom